Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October 31, 2011

                                          Baptism of Rosa!
Hey mom! and yes Feliz Halloween works haha. We are doing well here. We did have the baptism! It was struggle to get it all ready. To warm up the water we need gas. The gas ran out on Friday night cause the ward had their activity and used the stove, so we didn't have any gas to heat the water.  We had to do it in cold water! haha it sucked. I felt bad for Rosa, but she is a champ and did it anyways. And our ward doesn't have baptism clothes for smaller people. So we had to go to the market to buy some white clothes that would fit her! It was a crazy morning to say the least. haha But Ricardo helped us with the driver so we got everything good but the water. But oh well, it was good. Now for the investigators it's Roberto and Blanca, mommy. Dulce is their daughter, but Roberto and Blanca are gonna get baptized this Sunday so we are excited for that. It's going to be cool. And yes they went to the temple to the visitor center. So they are sweet.  Some day you can go to the temple here.
 Ya it's crazy that tomorrow is November huh! Ben gets home tomorrow then Israel on Thursday. that's sweet stuff. Here on Saturday night we went back one hour so it was nice to get a little bit of sleep haha. And no mom we don't have to stay inside for those nights. We work the normal. It gets way dark here around like 630 now that we went back one hour. So it sucks, I don't like it like that cause if we don't really have appointments we cant visit too many people cause its dark. But oh well. And yes the kids dress up and some do trick or treating in the nicer areas they do at least. And the ward activity was Friday. It was crazy they start sooo late. It was suppose to start at 7, but it started at like 830 or 9! haha They are worse than we are. And in Queretaro I just got food poisoning I think. But it sucked, I was throwing up and all that for one day. Oh and as for speaking of throwing up, I threw up again on Tuesday! haha I was eating all good then the lady gave us gicama. It's like a root thing here and it doesn't taste bad so I was like ok, but she gave us a bunch!! And I almost ate it all and I was like man, I'm gonna throw up. So my comp ate the other little bit in the bowl and I was like ok hermana we gotta go. So we went out then I turned the corner found a nice little spot to do my business and let it go haha. It was funny. Now I know why Ethan throws up a lot. You feel a lot better than before haha.
 And now as for the world being wicked, yes its really bad. For example today we were waiting for our pizzas and two old people came in. And the lady was like sitting on the old dude and making out!! It was disgusting. I was like that's why all the little kids do that cause the old people do it too! they just learn from their example and follow them. its pretty bad here. Everywhere you look somebody is kissing or something like that and they are like 12 years old.
Now for being examples yes, it's something really important. People are always watching the members of the church to judge them once they make a mistake they attack it. So we just need to be the good examples of the church and help others realize the blessing they can receive by living the commandments and the principals of the church. and one of my converts wrote me today!! It was really cool. I don't know if you remember Gaby? In prados her son wants to go on a mission! It was really cool. I am really happy for her. She is going to institute (seminary) I don't know how to spell it like 3 times a week! It was way cool to hear from her and that she is doing good in the church.
Now Clark and Olsen come home the 19th of December I think. So I will talk to them and see what's up to see when their homecomings are. I'll let you now.
Well that's about it for this letter. I'm glad that you are all well and doing what you should. Here we are doing good. There are changes in 2 weeks. so we will see what happens. I hope all is well and say hi to Israel and Ben for me. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment