Mas with a bigote!Hey Mom!
It sounds like the DR is going good besides the sicknesses. I hope that you can start feeling better. I bet it's because of the food. And for seeing Ethan, that will be really cool. Give him the what up from Mexico. Dad should speak in sacrament. Now as for Mexico, it's good. I just got changed out of Prados. It is a bummer because I pretty liked pretty much everything of my area and my converts and the members. So it's a bummer and I left some people that I think that are going to get baptized. But oh well. Here I'm in Cuautitlan. I'm with an American. He is also from Pleasant Grove. We will see how it goes. I just hope I can understand what I need to be able to help out the people. Then as for the baptisms, we had 2 yesterday. One of them was Juana. She is so cool! She was Christiana and her daughter still is, but we found her talking to her in the street. She gave us her direction to pass by and we went and taught her. Then we told her to read the Book of Mormon and she read. She came to church and then two weeks later got baptized. It was cool. In relief society, they were talking about testimonies a week ago and she said I know the Book of Mormon is true. The missionaries asked me to read and to pray. I didn't have to pray about it though because I knew it was true. It was a really cool story! Then the other baptism we had was Victor. He is really cool, too. He has some problems with smoking and drinking coffee, but we helped him and he stopped those two things in 2 weeks! It was really cool and now he says that he needs to complete with the commandments and he felt something that he never did before after he got baptized. It was a really cool experience. The time in Prados was really good. Now as for my new area. I don't really know anything about it but it seems ok. The house is really dirty! Really dirty! I am going to have to clean it a ton, but oh well. My comp says that we should have one baptism this week so we will see what's up. I think we can baptize a lot of people here, especially if we work hard. Now for the DR. Sounds like things are going good! From the pictures you sent me I'm jealous, but oh well. In one more year I'll be able to go do that, too. haha I'm sure the temple trip went really good! Except for the rain, but now you know how dad felt as a missionary walking in the streets when it rained like that. Here sometimes it rains pretty hard. We are in the rainy season now where it rains about everyday for a couple of hours. That's fine. I bought an umbrella and it looks to be good. Did your flight go direct to the DR? or what? I don't like to fly that much, but it's fine. And yes, mom, you should try to learn a little bit of Spanish, what if you get called as mission presidents?? haha Probably when you are older but it could happen. And you can yell at your kids in Spanish when you are mad. haha As for the ihome, I took it back and I got another speaker, it's ok. They gave me some money back because it didn't cost as much as the other one. But it's cool. The packages are really good, I like them. The letter puzzle, it was cool. I gave one of the shirts to Elder Baez because he didn't have very many and he was going to buy a short sleeved shirt. So I just gave him one of mine and he was happy. I ate all the candy. It was good. But yes, usually the packages get here within 2 weeks, but around Christmas, they take a lot longer because everyone is sending stuff. Now I'm really close to the offices so I can go and get what I need. So it's cool, too. What else happened this week, nothing really more happened. I just want to tell you I know the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on the earth. If we live by its teachings we will return to live with Heavenly Father. I hope you are doing good in the DR and don't get sick. And buy me something cool from there for when I get home. Love you all and I will talk to you next week! Elder Malan
Here are some pictures to check out. Enjoy!
And Hello to Ashton, dad, Curt, Kandice. I hope you are having fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment