Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 1, 2011

Baptism of Leticia

One year mark with pizza!

Hey Mom!

Your Spanish is getting better already. So that's a good start. Now, as for people getting married... that's crazy and pretty cool. I bet almost everyone I know will be married by the time I get home if people keep getting married at this rate! They must be listening to the prophet. haha Mak and Mic got a doggie? That's cool, too. I hope that they can put up with her for as long as dad has with Misti. haha But at least now Misti has a friend. Well, hopefully they can be friends. Now for Pres and Hermana Nancollas. That's sweet you are going to go eat with them. That will be a cool experience, I'm sure. They are cool. Pres. Nancollas and Pres. Call are both really cool. Different in many ways, but they are both good people. You go ahead and talk to them about what you want to. haha I don't care. Then as for panista, it's the stomach of a cow. It's not good at all. It smells bad and tastes bad, too. I don't want to eat it ever again. Last week we didn't eat with her because we had a zone conference so we went to that. It went good and they gave us a dvd portable player! We can watch some missionary videos called "The District". We can see what they do good and what they do bad. So it's cool. We can watch the church movies so me and Elder Logan watched The Testaments one night. It was cool. Back to gross things and getting sick. I don't really get sick. So I don't have to take pills. So it's fine. My comp gets sick once in awhile. I'm going to try to send my flash drive home soon. My comp got a virus on his memory card and I don't want that to happen to mine. haha I would just copy them on to the flash drive so they could be on both and send home the flash drive then you could send it back. Oh, my debit card it going to expire this next month. So I will need another debit card if you could do that for me. That is way crazy about Israel and Ben coming home right around the same time. The time goes fast. I was thinking about it and Sammy will be home in December, too! It goes by pretty quick that's for sure. As for this last week for us, we had a baptism! It was good. We baptized Leticia. She is cool, a little crazy, but she is cool. haha We baptized her kid, Norman, but he is 8 years old so he doesn't count for us. But oh well, it still went good. Then this week we brought a family of four to the church. We brought Mauricio, he is cool. He is a cop and like the head cop, I guess. Yesterday in church at the end he was like, "Can I pay tithing?" We hadn't even talked about tithing so we were like, "Yes, you can if you want." haha We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he was like, "Ok, we won't drink coffee any more and I won't smoke." He is really cool. I'm excited for him and his fam. I think they will get baptized within these next two weeks. Other than that the week didn't go so good. We had a hard time finding new people to teach, so I hope this next week we can find more people to teach. That's what we need right now. Then the hardest thing that happened, for the baptism I'm guessing. At first the hot water wasn't even working so we had to fill it up with cold water fast and then the hot water was working and we just turned it to really hot. At the end of the day we got it decently hot. If we don't have hot water sometimes people get sick of the water because they aren't used to cold water! haha It's funny. Here everyone complains that it is hot or cold. They are never happy or feel good, temperature wise. I laugh at it. But ya, this last week was boring. Then today we went to a mall here. It was ok. We ate Chinese food and it was weird because the lady could speak Spanish and Chinese. I'm not used to seeing that everyday. haha Then this Saturday I'm going to buy some sick jerseys that we found. They are cheap and real. So we are excited for that, too. I hope I answered most of your questions. Here, I like it. It's a lot more organized than my last ward. So I am stoked to see what we can do here. Oh ya, Pres. Call wants to get microwaves for everyone! So we are excited for that, too, and maybe even blenders. So we are hoping for those two things so we can eat better. haha But this last week I was able to think and learn more about the atonement of Christ. It's hard to understand, but once we understand it we won't want to sin anymore. That's the truth and we will want everyone to understand it as well. I know this is the true church. Love you all and please check into the debit card. If you are going to send a package, poptarts would be nice, too. Thanks fam. Love you and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment