Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 8, 2011

Mas by the Catholic Cathedral


Mas by the Catholic Cathedral


Hey Mom!

Wow your summer is already over?! That's crazy it's already been that long of a time since school got out. That's cool you went to Park City. I think you guys should change your location of doing that thing to somewhere cool. It's not that cool there. This last week was pretty crazy. So Tuesday night, I called our district leader and he told me that Elder Logan had changes! So he had to be at the offices at 3 on Wednesday. So we were like wow let's go visit the people that you want to visit. So we went and visited everybody. A lot of people liked him here so they were all kind of bummed. But that's how it is. Then I got another Mexican comp named Elder Navarro. He is from Sinaloa. He has 8 months in the mish and we get along alright so far. So we will see how it goes. Then Mauricio is part of the family. They are doing well. I think they will get baptized here soon. Or at least I hope and pray that they will. This last week we didn't really find that many people so it was tough. We are trying to get the members more involved. We are working with them to get it all good to go. So we hope they go well. Then the mall here is like the mall in the U.S. It's big, has stores, but nothing like American Eagle or anything like that. Then as for the jerseys, I couldn't get them on Saturday. We weren't close to the place where I was going to buy them so I think this week I will get them. Then for the DVD players, all the missionaries got them. The First Presidency wants all the missionaries in the world to have them. And no mom, there aren't Red Boxes here. It's a lot cheaper to buy movies because they pirate them all and sell them. haha So if you want movies or music here it's legal to pirate it. haha That's sweet that Ogden got Jantz. He seems like a good coach. They need some good coaches. Are they going back down to 3A? I thought I heard that. But that's sweet this Friday you will be eating with them (Pres. Nancollas)! That will be a really cool experience for the four of you, I'm sure. You can tell them hi from me. haha I don't know, you can just say that. Then for the card, I think that would be good. Then we don't run the risk of having someone take it and go spend all the money with it. So I'm fine with that, mom. I can take a little bit of money if I need it, too. I don't think it will be that big of a problem. Then the conference went good. Pres. Call taught us about how we can help more the investigatores have more faith in Jesus Christ. So it was cool. I learned a lot and I'm trying to put it more into the teaching and planning. Who is Anderson?? But no, Clark isn't in my zone. haha The zone leaders are Elder Montes and Elder Lawrence. The district leader is Elder Barreda. Then for Elder Nowack, actually he is in my zone so I see him once in awhile. He is doing good. I think I could send my card home with Elder Clark, I bet. I don't see any problems with that. Right now I don't take too many pictures. We are in an area where it's not that good so I don't take my camera with me a lot. So here I don't have many pictures and really there isn't anything cool here to take pictures of. haha So that's another reason why. Then yesterday we were teaching an old investigator and she has heard the missionaries for like three years and we were teaching her and we just felt the spirit strong. It was cool. She said she would pray about baptism and all that. So we are hoping she decides to get baptized. But then right as we left, we saw some people making out all nasty and I felt the spirit go away like that! It sucked. It just goes to show how Satan doesn't want us to work by the spirit and always puts things like that in our way to distract us. But we just need to keep thinking good and then the spirit will be with us. That's what I try to do. That's a bummer about Ash. Hopefully he can get a job. I was thinking something in food, a waiter or something. That would be good for him. Well, that's about it for me. Pres. Call asked that we write our comps parents so here is what Elder Navarro wrote for you. Dad can translate it for you. Love you all and thanks for your support.

Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment