Monday, October 17, 2011

October 3, 2011

Hey mom! This last week went a lot better than the last couple of weeks had gone. We brought 5 people to the conference on Sunday then one to the conference on Saturday. So it went a lot better for us. It was a good relief that we finally got some people to church. It was a little easier though because it started at 11 here. But that's fine, we will see how this week goes for us going back to the 8 oclock schedule. As for my talks, I liked one that talked about time, it was a 70 on Saturday in the afternoon. It talked about how we are really quick to respond a text message or a email, but how fast are we to kneel and pray to Heavenly Father? It was a good talk. Then Pres. Monsons talk too was really good. He is way cool, and we got to watch it in English. So it was good for that reason too. its so much better in English.
As for the ZLs and the DL yes they are a lot better. They all are cool now. I have Elder Gray as one of my Zls, so he is cool. He was my dl in Prados for a change. So I like him. And yes mom we study for an hour by ourselves then an hour as comps. So it's good. I really like to read the scriptures even though sometimes I don't exactly understand what it wants to say to me. And for the priesthood session, we got there late cause we were teaching a lesson. But we watched the half of it. Now for the shoe shine boys, there aren't any. There are a couple little stands that some old guys have to shine shoes, but that is it. And like my brown shoes are a different brown so I didn't want them to screw em up.  At night we plan for the next day I write in my journal then I shower and go to bed. It's starting to get cold here during the night. These houses aren't the best for keeping heat out or cold air. They are hot or cold, depending on the weather.  I am still with my comp. so we will be together for another 6 weeks. 
Now for the people that we are teaching right now, the mom and the daughter, the daughter lives with her grandparents far away so we aren't really teaching her. But the mom is Isela. She is cool, she didn't go to the conference though so we were bummed. Then a guy named Antonio. He was a reference and man, he has a bunch of problems. His wife kicked him out of his house so he is really bummed right now and mad. So we are helping him, he went to conference and he liked it. Then we have a mom and a daughter named Mercedes and Irene. We contacted Mercedes in the street and we passed by last week, she went to conference in the afternoon session on sunday and didn't like it! She didnt understand I think thats why. She said she almost fell asleep. So we have to go get her excited about church. Then we have a lady named Magdalena. She is cool, she really liked conference and is now more interested in the church. She like the talk by Sister Dalton. Then we found out that the mom of Abril, the girl that we baptized a couple weeks ago isn't a member! She was baptized, but she never got her name and stuff taken down and in the files of the church. So we can baptize her again. We got lucky there.  Those are all the people that went to church and that we are teaching right now. Hopefully this week we can find more people.
As for Ashton, I'm glad he likes his job and that he is beatin up the little kids. That's good to hear. I only had one little fight in Shadow Valley. It was easy. I heard that dad is living more peacefully in work too. I hope it is going well for you too mom. I hoped you all enjoyed conference too and learned a lot from it. There is always so much we can learn from the talks and that's why I'm excited to read the Liahona to get all the talks and check em out. There is so much cool stuff in there.
Now here we will see how it goes these next couple weeks. I've almost got a year here in mexico! Pretty crazy where the time goes.  But isn't Spencers b day soon? Lemme know. I'm thankful for the time and effort that you give me and the support. Really its awesome having a family that is strong in the Gospel. We are receiving so many blessings for it. Keep working hard and being examples for everyone. Love you all. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment