Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hey Mom!
I wasn't even really worried about the Super Bowl really. Didn't really even remember it was yesterday. I guess its cause my team lost, but oh well. It's a good thing that it wasn't a distraction for me. When does my buddy Jeff get home? Tell him hi for me and give him a hug.
The videos are pretty funny huh, I had a good time with Clark when he was sleeping. I just loved it ha ha, he is a good guy. And yes we all sang the last day in the MTC for us. And the cigarro shake is way funny stuff. I want to be able to do it again sometime soon! Because it's way funny and it works.  We didn't lite it in side the house mom! It was out side, it was cool though. The pants were about the same sort of deal. It was a good time too. The mission has a ton of experiences good and bad, but the good ones we remember and the bad ones not so much. That's the good thing. And that's good to hear that Ash went to the singles ward. Where is the church at for the singles ward? I hope not too far. And I think it will be a lot different from the church here. I think I want to go the the Spanish ward for a couple weeks too. I think that would be really cool.  The Priesthood is the business. It's the major thing that separates us from the other churches is that we have the authority from God. 
This last week it rained about every night. One night I woke up at 3 in the morning listening to the thunder the loudest I have heard it in my life, I think. It was crazy stuff. I thought lightning was gonna come and hit our house ha ha, but it didn't and we are good. Then I also found a white lady this last week. It was really weird talking with her cause she is from the Peace Corp and she is down here for that and she has 10 months here and she sucks at Spanish. It's crazy how much the Lord blesses his missionaries to be able to learn the language of the people cause I was like man when I had 10 months I could speak way better than that! ha ha So I know that the gift of tongues is real. I hadn't been able to see it much before but now with that experience I realized how much the Lord blesses his missionaries to be able to speak the language where ever they are at. And yesterday we had stake conference. It went well. The 2nd counselor of the temple came and spoke of the importance of going to the temple even though we have to make sacrifices.he said that a ward from Cabo San Lucas came for one week a week or two ago and there were 70 including teenagers to do the work in the temple. They had to pay 4000 pesos each one to come from there about 400 dollars. And the members sometimes complain here about paying 200 pesos- 20 dollars- to go to the temple in bus. Then I think about us and I think well we don't really have to pay anything to go to the temple. Maybe 2 bucks? And sometimes we complain about not having time or some other thing. I realized in his talk the importance of making sacrifices to be able to go the the house of the Lord and do the work for our brothers. I hope that you can keep firm in going to the temple at least once a month so you can remember the promises you made and so you can receive the blessings from the temple.
Me and my comp we are still together. We knew we weren't going to be changed, for the system of the trainers. And Jesus didn't really say anything about you guys, just that dad said that he couldn't speak very good Spanish and that he talks really slow and Jesus decided to give the phone to his brother ha ha. i laughed. Dad you need to practice!! That's the only way you are going to get better ha ha. You got Ben and Israel there to help you.
Now here we are doing well. We should have 2 baptisms this week so we are happy for that. We found a couple that we are teaching right now. The wife should be coming to church this week so we will see how it goes. They are cool. They liked the lesson we taught them so we will see how they go. Other than that the work is a little slow. I feel like I have already talked to pretty much everyone where I live ha ha. So that's not good cause I still need to talk to everyone. But yes, we are doing well and we should keep doing better these next couple of weeks.
That's it for this letter take care and do work. Give J Speech the what up for me when he gets back to the O. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment