Wow! These last couple of days have been probably some of the best days of my life so far. Last Thursday, I was able to give my first priesthood blessing to my maestro. His back was hurting and he asked for a blessing. I hadn't given one before so he asked me to and it was so cool! Tuesday we had a fireside meeting. It was a really good message to soak up all the time you have on your mission. He said don't serve time, serve the Lord. I know that that is so true. After, we had a district meeting about the fireside and it was awesome. We each bore our testimonies of how we can each improve so we can work harder and be ready for the time we all go to Mexico City and bless the lives of the people there. I can't wait to do that. I just need to work more on my spanish, haha. We did contacting in spahish which went about a bazillion times better than last week. Then we taught in English and that went a bazillion times better also! We taught him the first lesson then we challenged him to pray and read a chapter in the BOM (2 NE 31) and ask if the Book of Mormon was true then we challenged him when he got his answer and he knew it was true to be baptised! He said if he felt like it was true he would do it! I'm not sureif he was a real investigator or practice but either way, it was awesome! Today we got back from the temple and it was the best session of my life for sure. I felt how the Lord has blessed me and my companion just this last week. We could of never have done as well as we did without the Lord helping us as much as he did. I thanked him so much for the blessing in my life. It took me 19 years to realize how great of a family I have.. which is really sad that it took that long to realize that my family is the best thing in the whole world. You guys send me a letter everyday and a package every week about! I'm so grateful for you mom and dad for the tremendous blessing you are in my life. I just want to tell you that now that you two are the reason of what I am today and why I'm on a mission serving the Lord. I love you so much! And another thing that was really cool is that the temple food is soooooooo much better than the dang mtc food. I wish I could eat the temple food for every meal! haha! But oh well, at least I get it once a week! Mom regarding that snake, I'm sorry that I am not there to take care of that problem for you. So get one of your other two men to go out there and take care of it ok? Bueno. I love you all so much thanks for being there for me everyday! I can feel your prayers :)
Elder Malan

No comments:
Post a Comment