Hey Mom!
How are you doing? Sounds like everything is going well! I'm stoked to hear that Ashton did well on his swimming! That's really cool.
That's way funny about Ethan. I haven't heard from that kid since the MTC. I think I need to shoot him a letter now or something. Can you send me his address or something? I don't have it. But I think I know what that girl's name is! I think it's Kenzie! haha That's hilarious! I hope his Spanish is good. I can speak it well, I think. Most people are surprised on how I can speak because I guess I don't have the American accent. So it's pretty cool to hear that. Yesterday we were knocking doors and I was with the zl and they asked how long we had been here and they said my Spanish was better than his haha. It's funny, but I still have a long ways to go to be where I want to be with my Spanish.
I still haven't got the package yet. I think I will get it next Monday because I think we are going to go to the offices. Things here in Prados are going really well! Yesterday, we had 5 people at the capilla for the first time, so it was good. I didn't get to go with a joven. I went with another missionary because he couldn't find a joven. So we found a family of 4 and that family was 4 of the people that we brought to church this Sunday! It was cool! The dad's name is Encarnacion! haha His name reminds me of Nacho Libre, the movie. But yes, and the other lady is cool too. Then we got to go to the temple this last Saturday because the ward rented a bus and we had enough investigators to take to the visitors center so Pres. Nancollas let us go! It was pretty cool. I'll load some pictures of that.
As for eating we eat with members everyday for the comida, which is lunch. The only day we don't eat with members is today. But I ate cactus the other day! It is not good. The texture is nasty. I almost threw up! Then another food that I don't like much is mole. The best way to describe mole is a really bad version of sloppy joes. But ya, haha and I did get that package from the Nancollas'. Then I didn't have money for gas because I had to use my money to pay for the ticket to get to Prados! I only had 70 pesos for a whole week! But now we have money so don't worry. but I did get electrocuted haha, it was weird. Now we have gas though. But a thing about gas now, so yesterday I went to turn on the boiler, then I turned it to pilot and lit it then turned the gas on and the pilot went off. I didn't think anything about it. I lit another match and foom!! The fire came back and got me a little bit! I burned my hand a little and my eyebrows and eyelashes were a little burned, but I'm ok. And I cut myself shaving for the first time!! haha So I hope this week goes better for that.
We have wards almost everywhere here in Mexico. And yes, the zl knows Eric. He laughed when I told him.
Elder Rodriguez stayed in Queretaro.
That's about it for this week, and I'm sending letters next week because we have a place in my zone that's not far away. I was going to send them today but it was closed for some holiday which I still don't know what it is haha. I'm doing good here and I'm sending a couple picutres for you!
Love you and thanks for all yo do for me, mom and the fam! I hope you enjoy this week and give Mak a kiss for me!
Les amo mucho,
Elder Malan

No comments:
Post a Comment