Monday, April 11, 2011
April 11, 2011
Hey Mom! Sounds like things are going well there except for the snow in Utah! haha Here it is still hot and I sweat a lot but that's fine. That is also crazy that grandpa and grandma are already leaving! They are probably in the MTC as we speak. How was your spring break? Ash told me he didn't enjoy his so much because he had to deal with all the snow! haha As for my week, it went ok. I wrote a letter to you today and I'm going to send it. So it should be getting there in a couple of weeks. But last week was a mas a menos week. We have 3 more baptisms getting planned for this week of the kids of Polo and Berta. They are Christian, he is 16, Geovanny, and he is 13 and Esmerelda is 11. We have to wait a little bit to baptise the mom because she only has one time in church. To baptise we need to have 3 times in church, then we can baptise them. So maybe we can get permiso from Pres. Nancollas to baptise Berta, too. So we are excited. But other than that the week went decent. We don't find that many people, but when we do usually they are really good people that are going to get baptized in three or four weeks. As for the package or the letters, no, I still haven't gotten them yet. They might be in the offices, but I don't go the offices very often. So we will have to wait a little bit. Hopefully I get them soon! Oh and as how the Mexicans celebrate Easter, it's not called Easter, it's called la semana santa, which is Holy Week in English. They celebrate the whole week! They do some crazy stuff. One of the things that they do that I have heard of is they crucify a guy!! He gets a surgery in his hands so they can put the nails through his hands and they put a real thorn crown and put this guy on a cross! It's pretty crazy how they do stuff down here cause they can do pretty much whatever they want. So that is one of the things that they do. But it's the Catholics that do it and since almost everyone is Catholic, everybody celebrates it. So it's pretty insane. As for grandpa buying his salt, who knows why but he always has a good reason for buying stuff like that. haha I hope you go visit them. That would be cool and I'm sure grandma would love it. Then today for P-day, we played some football and it was fun. Then we also made some brownies! They were delicious. The only time we get something like that is from the Hermana Nancollas, but we had some mix and it was fantastic. Now me and Elder Clark are going to go rest and clean the house a little bit, so it's a chill P-day today. Then me and Elder Clark don't argue mucho. And if we do it's about something dumb. We get along really well, I think. Right now I don't really go on splits. I don't know why, but we really haven't this change. And I hope you know what you are doing when you go on splits, mom! Just keep it basic and bear testimony. The missionera should teach you what you need to do so just do what she says. haha You will be fine. As for cooking for them, I don't know, maybe some mole. It's real Mexican food. haha I don't think you guys would like it that much, or some papaya. No American likes it haha. I don't mind too much, but I don't really want to eat or drink it. As for eating the tacos, we don't really eat much tacos. There aren't many places here that are good. and we don't have much time for them so we don't eat them. Yes, when we want water it is all bottled. I wouldn't dare drink the water out of the sink. Then as for washing the clothes, we have an hermana that has a washing machine so we just take it to her and she throws it in there for us. We have to hang it out to dry, but that's fine. As for money, I'm excited I got some more money for when I get home! And I'm doing good here. I bought a hammock the other day so I was stoked for that. It looks cool and it's big. I'll have to put it up when I get home in the backyard somewhere. Who is Chase dating? It's weird how they are already home, man, for like 6 months, too! Pretty crazy stuff. But here I'm doing well. It's hot, but I like it. We are all doing well and trying to save all of Gods kids here in Prados. I think I might get transferred next week. And Elder Clark thinks I'll go up to Mayor. But we will have to see what's up. I'll be nervous if I do. haha But I think I will be ok if that really happens. I know the church is true. Libro de Mormon is the word of God. It's the most correct book on the earth. We have a profeta that guides us in these days and 12 apostles. Everything points to that, this is the true church and when you get an answer from God it's even that much more convincing. I hope that you all are reading, praying, and listening in church. Happy b-day, Ash!! 18, now you are an adult. Be careful with the things you do now haha. Oh one thing that I would like, if you could get the emails of Jeff, Ethan, Israel and Ben that they send to their moms and send them to me. Then I can see how they are doing. Elder Clark does it and it looks like he knows exactly how his friends are doing. So if you could do that I would like it. Well, thanks for all that you do and we are going to the temple this Wednesday in the morning! I'm so stoked to go haha. I'll send you pictures. Love you all and cuidense! Les amo, Elder Malan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment