Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 4, 2011

Baptism of Lucia and Karen.
Baptism of Jose and Yazmin.
Baptism of Oscar, Sachiko, and Karina.
All the people that were baptized on April 3rd!!!

Hey Mom!

April Fool's... we didn't even think about that one, haha. I'm glad you were able to pull off a joke because usually you don't do very well, like me, in those situations haha. But they don't do anything for it here. haha

As for conference , we watched the two Sunday sessions in English. We got a tv and had our own room for the white missionaries. It was really cool. It's is so much better in English than Spanish. haha As for the MTC, I'm glad grandma is stoked to go there. I didn't like the food. Here it's usually much better except for a couple of times haha. I don't like Marshmellow Matey's so I don't eat them. haha As for the baptisms, you will be able to see the pictures here that we did. The first picture is the baptism that we had a week ago of Lucia and Karen. The big guy baptized them. He is her future husband. The second is Jose and Yazmin. They are cousins, and I baptized Jose and Elder Clark, Yazmin. The other one is Oscar, Sachiko and Karina. Elder Clark baptized Oscar and Sachiko (mom and dad of the family). Then I baptized Karina. It was really cool. The last picture is all the people that we baptized yesterday. We baptized 5 and the missionaries from Tultepec baptized 3. So it was a really cool experience. I was really stressed to get them to church, then the other new family that we found, then to fill the font and to get everything ready, it was really hectic. But we got it done and I felt a lot better haha. The retention in this ward that I have baptized is going really good. I think only one of my converts has missed a week since they have been baptized. So we are doing good with that. As for the members, they do ok for greeting the members, not the best, but we are trying to get them more friendly with the people we bring. Then we found another family this last week of 6. They are really cool. The dad is Polo, mom is Berta, and then their kids. All the kids went to church and the parents couldn't so we are hoping to get the parents this week to church. Each zone that we have is one stake and there is one set of missionaries in every ward usually. Sometimes missionaries have to cover two wards because there aren't enough missionaries. As for the the priesthood session, I couldn't really go. They didn't let us. But that's how it is. Then my talk that I like the most was of Elder Johnson, I think. It was about the trials that we have in our lives. I really liked that one. Then the one by Elder Holland was really good, too. And of course Pres. Monson always talks really good. He is a sweet man. Conference was really spiritual because our church is the true church and all the people that pray can know for themselves. Share the gospel with all and don't be afraid to do it. It only blesses you and everyone else.

Gotta go. I love you and I hope you are all good.

Take care!

Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment