Tuesday, March 29, 2011
March 28, 2011
Hey Mom! Here is all going well. That's crazy that there are only 41 more days of school left, probably 40 after today! As for our week, it went pretty bad for the teaching and finding the more people part, but we did pretty well on Saturday and Sunday. So that's what counts. We had 2 baptisms this last week on Saturday. So that was really cool, too. We plan to have five for this conference Sunday! We are pretty excited for that. Their names are Jose, Yazmin, then Oscar, Sachiko, and Karina. We are excited for that. Then for church yesterday, we brought two people for the first time, which we were lucky because we hadn't had any success all week, and they liked it. We just have to put a fecha for baptism with them now. Don't worry mom, I'm sure when I get home I'm going to be his (dad's) speaker almost every time he has to speak, especially if it's with the Spanish branch. haha But I'm glad you did it. That is really cool you help dad out when he needs it. As for the sweaters, we can only wear it with our suit jacket. So I don't really wear it at all because it's too hot and I didn't want to wear it with my jacket. haha Ethan is really lucky. He gets a whole suitcase full of stuff. haha But I got the stuff from Hermana Nancollas. Thanks for it. I'm guessing that you, mom, got a new ipod? haha But me and my comp love to listen to the conference talks. We really enjoy it. She did say that she talked to dad and that he is a really good guy and she enjoyed talking with him. And for the Oakley sticker, I would like a small one for my name tag on the back. And as for the backpack, I'm going to need to buy a new one soon because mine is starting to rip and all that stuff. So ya, then for baking stuff we don't have an oven in the house that we are in. We are lucky and we have a toaster and a microwave! So those are pretty sweet. We don't have pans really, only one little guy. But it's fine. We don't cook that much anyways. Then I know about 2 months from now Ashton will be out of high school, pretty crazy how the time goes. This last week went by really quick! It flew by. We had our interviews with Pres. Nancollas. He is awesome. He said he is leaving on the 27th or 28th of June. So it's coming up quick with only 3 months left before he leaves and Pres. Call comes in. This month our district and zone did really well. Here in Prados there are a lot of people that are ready for the gospel. So I really like it here because we are finding a lot of people that are ready for the Gospel. Then one of our investigatores, Jose, he works all week so we only see him on Saturday and Sunday and this last Saturday we didn't see him. So we saw him at church and he told us that he went to a party and some of his friends offered him a beer, but we had taught him the Word of Wisdom and he was like no I don't do that stuff anymore and they were like come on man. But he said no again so they were like ok. Then some of his other buddies came and said hey Jose, have a drink and one of his buddies that he had told the first time was like no he doesn't drink now. The cool thing about this is that I told him a story like that. That your friends at first will be like come on but then after they will respect you. That's what happened to me. It happened exactly like I told him so it was really cool. I was excited that he made that choice. Now back to answering the questions. Elder Clark is praying in that picture, but he was really sleeping. So it was funny. That other was on St. Patrick's Day with the green ties. I would like the tie that goes with my brown suit because I only have like 2. Now Oscar and Sachiko, well, to get baptized people need to have 3 times in the church, so Sachiko and Karina came (her daughter) but Oscar was working! So we called him and he is like I have to work. Then we told him he has to come, so he came for the last hour, thankfully! So now we are more relaxed. Sundays before, during and after the services are really crazy stuff. We are always stressed out getting everyone where they need to be. The other missionaries have to report to Elder Clark so that makes it more interesting. haha Then for conference, we don't get to watch the Saturday sessions and for priesthood, we can only watch it if we take investigators. Then for Sunday we can watch both of them. Hopefully we can get a tv and get it in English. Otherwise, I heard it's hard to understand because you can hear a little bit of English and then Spanish is louder. I did not know that Pres. Myers is moving into our ward! That's cool. Our ward has a bunch of cool people in it. The Ogden Temple is closing. That's good, hopefully it will be close to done when I get home. Well that's about it for this week. I hope that you are all good. I'm doing really well here. Spanish is still a little tough, but it's coming along. Thanks for everything and all you do for me. Just remember I'm good and I hope you are all doing what you are supposed to. Conference will be a really cool and enjoyable time. Keep Ashton awake so he can hear. Love you and take care! Elder Malan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment