Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Hey Mom!
Sounds like Ogden is doing good still. I'm glad to hear that. Here in Prados we just had 4 baptisms of Griselda, Evelin, Fernando (the wife and kids of Encarnacion), and a lady named Teresa. She is a hermana de una de las hermanas de barrio. So it was a really good week! We didn't think we were going to baptize anyone then the Lord made it possible for us to baptize 4! So it was a really good and cool experience. I had to conduct the meetings, the baptisms, so that was interesting. I forgot what the number 50 was in Spanish for singing the hymn! I felt embarrassed but I won't ever forget it again haha. So that was really awesome, those baptisms. As for Elder Olsen I think he does (have a girlfriend), he says he doesn't but I say he does. I see him about 2 times a week mas a menos. He has been out almost 15 months. That's awesome Arturo got baptized!! That's sweet stuff right there. He is a good kid. I'm excited for him, too. And gallo is rooster, mama, pollo is chicken. Don't get yourself confused. If you have questions on the Spanish, ask dad, I hope that he knows them! haha As for Roberto, he came to church yesterday and we talked about how God had a body of flesh and bones. He didn't agree with that at all haha. So it was a little hectic so we are going to see what we can do with him. But we are still looking for new people everyday. We have found some cool people but a lot of them bail on going to church. They have to go 3 times to church to get baptized, so it sucks when they don't go to church!! haha Really frustrating. But I got a new comp today, Elder Clark from Pleasant Grove. He is pretty cool. He was my district leader in Queretaro. So we are chill. Then the hermana that lives with us cuts our hair for free. (I am sure she doesn't "live" with them-probably just in the same complex!) She is funny, she is fat and short. I cut my hair like every cambio mas a menos. The food is ok, only a couple times I eat and I don't like it. Then a bicitaxi is a dude driving a bike for a taxi. It's funny cause that job would be terrible!! haha So they just have a little hitch on their bike and have a little cart and they drive the bike. As for soccer skills, I don't play good haha. I need to work on it more when I get back home. But today for p-day I have to go get Elder Clark from the freeway which is pretty far away. So I spent the day doing that! haha What a fun p-day, no? And yes we played the missionaries in our district. It was really fun. As for the postcard, it is the arcs that they have there. They have like 54 or something like that. That's why they are lighted up! They are pretty cool. Then what more...oh! Something cool, so in the city Tultepec, they are like the world capital for fireworks, I guess. I bought some sweet ones the other day! They cost me like 30 pesos and I got a bag of like 70! Talk about the sweet stuff, man. And they blow up a lot better than what you can buy in America. I'm never going to buy fireworks in America ever again. You get ripped off so bad. All the people that live in Tultepec make fireworks, so it's sweet. Then what else...that's about it I think, the main highlight of the week was those 4 baptisms and that was so cool. I hope that we can continue with the success here in Prados that we have been having these last two weeks. I'm pretty sure that we can keep it up if we have the faith and the works to do it, we can! I know the church is true and that we need to share it with more people. I hope all of you are really good and excited! And Ashton is turning 18 next month! That's crazy, he is old now. haha I forgot to tell Michael happy birthday on the 24th so Happy Birthday, Michael! Love you all and thanks for all yo do for me
Cuidense
Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment