Saturday, March 5, 2011

February 28, 2011

Elder Malan, Ayda's esposo, Ayda, Elder Sosa
Elder Malan and Elder Olsen (he is from the SLC area)

Elder Malan and gallos!!!

Hey Mom!
Sorry about the crappy email last week. One, it wasn't a great week then the keyboard was terrible so I couldn't type well at all. But this one should be a lot better I hope for you!
The closest street to my apartment is Prados Norte, which is that little fork in the road. We are up from a farmicia guadalajara.
That's crazy about the Jazz. I hope they can be good when I get back! haha But here I'm doing well. We had a baptism yesterday of Ayda. So that was cool and a little bit hectic before the baptism because Elder Sosa was going to do it then the husband wanted to do but he was menos activo so he had to have an intervista before, then he had to change clothes with Elder Sosa. But she was baptized and that's the important part. Then we had one nuevo in the church. He is pretty cool, too. His name is Roberto. He lived in the states for like 6 years and now he is back here. He wants us to help his family cause they don't really believe in God. So we are going to see what's up with them too.
Cambios are next week and I think Elder Sosa will leave and I kinda want him to leave. Sometimes he is a little annoying. But we will see what happens. Today we played soccer at the church and it was fun. We played Mexicans vs. White kids and we won! It was pretty cool. The Mexicans were mad because I was the only one that had played soccer really before the mission and all the Mexicans had. So it was fun, but really hot. Here it rained for an hour kinda hard then stopped. But I think the rain comes in like July mas a menos. Not sure exactly when.
I decided you can put the Jesus stickers on the package, but not the virgin. I see that lady too much! Everyone says she is madre de dios. haha It's funny cause that is their only defense of the virgin. Then we can planch em. As for the package, I don't have to pay anything for it! The ipod is doing good but I've listened to those songs like 100 times each about and I would like another CD or two or three of like the stuff we would listen to on Sundays. We can listen to that music, too. We can listen to music whenever we want to in the house. We just can't have big speakers.
As for Cinco de Mayo, I'm pretty sure they don't do anything like that here. I'll know more when it gets closer to that time. But I'm pretty sure it's just an American holiday.
This last week went ok. It's getting really hot here and that sucks cause I'm sweating bad int he mesh garments. That's why I asked for only the other kind. We are still working but my comp thinks he is going to leave so he doesn't work so hard either. So it's hard to get him motivated to do some stuff. Sometimes he acts like a little kid which makes me a little mad, but he cant' do anything about it really. Then this next week, we have to find more people. We aren't finding that many people so hopefully this week we can find some good quality people that will progress and be baptized. That's what we are here for.
Did you see the pictures that I sent dad? I hope that he showed them to you and I'm going to send the picture of Ayda and su espos.
Then que mas...I heard a couple fo the girls I went to school with are getting married. That's weird, I'm getting to be an old man. I'm like almost 20. It's crazy how the time is going. This last cambio went by way fast. Oh and ya, there is this cool toy that I'm going to send you, too. It's called a trompo. It's like a yo you but way cooler. I'll send you one so you will see what it is. Then I'm still working on buying stuff to get a package together to send you guys. I have only found stuff for Ashton and Michael right now. So if you have something that you would like, let me know and I'll see if I can get if for you guys. So mom, dad and Makelle, tell me something you would like to get. Here I'm not sure what more there is to write. I think that's about all for this week and I hope that this email was a little bit better than the one from last week. Here are some pictures. First one is Ayda and su esposo, second is today, me and Elder Olsen in the bicitaxi. It's funny how they have bicitaxis. And the third is me and some gallos out in one part of my area. Get Ashton to get his blessing. That will help him our a lot , I think. And keep reading the scriptures with him. Yesterday we also had stake conference. It was really good. I can't remember his name but he spoke on how we don't want to lose our little kids in the city and it should be the same about the church, too. We can't let our family members lose themselves in all the things of Satan. So I hope that you can pick it up and get Ashton on a mission. That's what will change his life forever. Know that I love you all and pray for you daily. I know you also do that for me, too. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. I hope that dad gets better and I'll pray for him, too. Mom you are the best. I love you and hope that this letter is better for you! Take care.
Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment