Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 21, 2011

Elder Malan and Elder Clark on St. Patrick's Day!!
Elder Clark praying (Mason says he is sleeping!)


Hey Mom!

Here is going really well! The week went ok, but yesterday went really well for getting people to the church! We brought 7 new people to the church and 10 en total! So it was really stressful during sacrament meeting and the classes because there were a lot of people that we had to take care of and that's not counting the little kids that they don't have 8 years yet! So it was hectic, but well worth it. We should be having like 3 baptisms this week so we are excited for that one. It should be a good couple of weeks if we can keep it going and finding people! We are teaching 3 familias. So that is really cool, too, and pretty fun. Me and Elder Clark are doing really good. We don't really have that many problems at least. Then today in the morning we made some banana pancakes and had some fresh squeezed orange juice! So needless to say it was fantastic. Oranges here are really cheap. I didn't know how expensive they are in the states. Then we just relaxed for a little bit and now I'm writing you! So it's been a good day today. Then St. Patrick's Day went really well! We didn't pinch cause nobody has a clue what that is except for the white missionaries. How did St. George go? The weather was bad or what? I bet it was kinda weird staying with those other people in the house. I would have been uncomfortable. That's crazy that grandma and grandpa are getting ready to get in the MTC! I didn't know that they got there on Monday. Yes, sometimes we saw them at the devotionals that they have there, but that's about it and sometimes in the cafeteria. So how is everyone feeling that Ash is getting ready to graduate?? Pretty crazy stuff, huh? I can't believe that they are going to graduate in May, no? Way fast stuff. Ash probably wants it faster, but that's just how it is. haha As for senior missionaries in our mission, we don't have any. I think all the ones that get called to Mexico are put in the visitor's centers in the temples. Not sure but it's a guess. Then the socks are doing really well. I haven't had really any problems with the socks or the shoes yet. They are both holding up really well. I'm pretty excited to see what's up with the other boys. I haven't heard from them for awhile. That's weird that Jeff's girlfriend is getting married! haha 27 year old guy is an old man. Then for Hermana Nancollas, I should be seeing her on the 25th, this Friday at the interviews. So I should get whatever you sent me then. I'm pretty excited to see what it is. Yes, that was the heart you sent me! As for the visa, they keep it in the office of the mission. So with the secretaries that are there. So don't worry about that one. Then for the beds, we just put them into bunk beds so I'm on the top now. It is alright. I don't mind it. Cool story of the week-so we got a reference from a family that was menos activo. We reactivated them and we are teaching their sister and her family! They are awesome. The names of the parents are Oscar and Sachiko. They are really cool and are having a tough time with money. We said if you keep reading, praying and do a fast with us then you guys will start seeing the benefits! So the other day they told us that Oscar is having more work, and they are doing better! We fasted for them Saturday so we will have to see how they are doing tonight. It's really cool to see peoples lives change because of the Gospel and how it blesses all of our lives if we keep the commandments of God. Sachiko is pregnant and was thinking about getting an abortion because they didn't have the money! They told us and we told them if they keep doing what they are supposed to, that God will bless them! And it has been happening just like we said. It's awesome to see the changes in peoples lives because of the Gospel. Just don't take it for granted and keep living and doing the things that you have been taught and promised to do and you will receive the same blessings. I love you all and I know the Church if Jesus Christ is the true church. Everything points to it and I have my own answer from God.

Mom, dad, thanks for being good parents and I love you. Cuidense

Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment