Hey Mom!
Here I don't think they know anything about St. Patrick's Day, but I'll wear a green tie for the heck of it! haha Dad did tell me a little about the visit with the Nancollas family! Pretty lucky he got to talk to them for a long time! We only get to talk to Pres. in the interviews for like 5 minutes, mas a menos. So it's brief but really cool. But life with an American is going pretty well. My Spanish isn't really suffering yet but I'm not learning as many words as I would like to and to be able to correct me when I'm doing something wrong. haha But he is really cool, he is from Pleasant Grove. He has 15 months out on the mission. So he is going on the down hill. I kinda like it just cause I can relate to Americans better than the Mexicans. haha But it's fun. We are doing pretty well, too. He is cool and we are getting along and doing well together. He is a funny kid. Today we played a little bit of football and some soccer. It was really fun to have Elder Olsen throwing some footballs. He can rocket that baby. Only if we had someone like that in Ogden. haha Soccer went really well, too. I did alright to my surprise, as I haven't played really anything since the MTC. Also today we went to Elder Olsen's house and he has a little bench system set up and I did a couple reps and I did pretty well, too. So things are going really well today. This last week we had to go to the offices to get Libros de Mormon. That was interesting because we didn't know exactly how to get there but we got there fine, but the returning to our house part was a little bit more difficult. After an hour and a half we got back to the house safely. I'm also glad that you finally got my letters! It has been like 6-7 weeks since I sent those babies. So it takes a while as you can see-haha! This last week went pretty well. We should have two more baptisms this month on the 26th. So I'm excited for that. The two people are the girlfriend and daughter of one of the members that goes go our ward. So basically, they already love the church because they have been for the last two months. So we got a gift right there. Then we have a couple other cool people that some members brought to church yesterday. One really likes the church and the other is pretty cool, too. Both want to learn more and feel like how they did in the church yesterday. So it is really cool, there names are Jose and Jazmin. Hopefully we can get them baptized the 27th of this month. We found this other lady named Sandra. She has a lot of problems, but she told us that we came at a good time! It's always nice hearing things like that from the investigators that we have. She also went to church yesterday. As for the area, it is easier to teach. I don't really know why, maybe we work better, or maybe the Lord has just prepared more people and we are finding these people. I know that we are trying our best to find and baptize. That is the gate that all the people need to start at! As for the lady that lives with us, there are two houses, one that a member and her husband live in then the one behind, we live in. So we rent from them. And yes mom, we go through the gold doors! haha That's the only way to get in and also we have like 3 windows in our house. I'll load some pics so you can see it. And for daylight savings, we haven't done it yet. They do do it. I think just a little bit later because we dropped back an hour in like November, I think. So we should jump forward one hour sometime soon, I think. As for those 50's, man those sound really nice. Here I'm not sure what the exact temp is, but I think it is about like 80-90 every day. It is hot-haha. But I'm excited to start another week out here in Prados. The work is going well here and I'm excited to keep it rolling. As for the earthquake, I did hear something about the nuclear something going on over there, too. Not sure what it is, but whatever. Here are some pictures of the house and of the family that we baptized. Hopefully it gives you a little better idea of what's up in the house. We are going to clean it today, hopefully, a little bit. But ya, that's about it for today. I hope all is going well. Know that I love you all and thanks for the support that you give me and the love and the time. Keep doing what's right and you will be blessed.
Les amo mucho,
Elder Malan

No comments:
Post a Comment