Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hey Mom!
Sounds like your week went pretty good! Here this last couple of nights it has rained pretty hard. It was pretty fun and interesting. It also sounds like the dinner with the missionaries went well. I'm glad it did. Then as for your temple experience, it sounds like it went well also! Mine was really cool. I'm still here in Prados. I'm excited to be here one more change. But Elder Clark went up to lider de zona. So I got a new comp. He is Mexican from Sanora. His name is Elder Larranaga. He is cool, a little weird, but I think we will get along good. That is funny about grandma. Of course she would do that. She is a cute lady. That's crazy they are already getting in the field this week! Only in the MTC for a week and some days. But I think they will be ready to work. They are always ready it seems. And it sounds like you are getting some rain! That's cool. Here it has rained a lot these last couple of nights and I think it might rain tonight, too. But we will have to see how it goes. As for the earthquake, no, Veracruz is pretty far from where I am at. So you don't need to worry about that one, mom! We are all good here in Prados. Then Olsen, I told you he was good. I already knew that he had signed with BYU. He signed with them about a month ago. He is pretty stoked to go there. I think he will do really well. But I think he is going to red shirt the first year then he will start his junior and senior season. So that would be really cool. I can't load up pictures on this comp for some dumb reason. I have a couple cool ones that I wanted you to see, but I guess till next week. Ash did email me, it was cool. He sounded pretty excited for the snake. He even sent me a picture with it haha. I'm glad he is happy with it though. I didn't know it ate mice! That's pretty cool, how big will it get? Here I still haven't gotten anything, but I might get some stuff tomorrow because a couple of the elders from my district went to the offices so I might get some letters, I hope! That would be nice and my package haha. I don't know that girl that he is dating. I hope she is cute. But oh well, if she isn't. Thanks for the emails of the boys. I am going to enjoy them so I can see what those fools are doing. It will be cool. As for last week for us, it wasn't the best week. But we baptized Christian. He is really cool, he is 16 and I bet he will go on a mission. We are still working with Polo and Berta. Polo is a little shaky, but Berta is good. But I don't know if she will get baptized if Polo doesn't. We will have to see. Oh, and to help Polo quit smoking, cause he smoked 20 cigarros a day, we made him a cigarro shake! Put some 4 cigarros in milk, blended it and he drank it all then he threw up! Elder Clark got it on video, it was cool. It leaves a bad flavor in their mouths so they have that flavor every time they smoke. Then the week wasn't the best, but I think this week will go really well. It's semana santa. All the Catholics celebrate this week. They crucify somebody and do a bunch of weird things during the week. It's weird. Yesterday they had marches with palm tree leaves and blessed the leaves. It was weird, but that's what they do. The baptism of Christian went really well. I'm getting really good at conducting the baptisms cause I always do them! haha Our lider misional is inactive haha. So we are trying to get another one. That's why it is important to fulfill your callings and accept all that the bishop or stake offers you! So I hope you all can keep doing your jobs in the church cause I know that Bishop Halverson appreciates it. Tell Karson and Chase to write me. I ain't heard from them for awhile. We get to talk in a couple weeks, I'm excited for all that, too. It's going to be cool. Our bishop here told us we don't realize all the blessings that Heavenly Father is giving us. I hope you can recognize them and I will try, too.
Love you all and I hope you can keep doing what's right and God will bless you even more!
Love you,
Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment