Sunday, September 4, 2011

August 22, 2011

Hey Mom!
Your Spanish is improving a lot!  That's good to hear.  haha  The cabin sounds like it went really good and I'm sorry about your neighbor that ran a lot.  My week went good during the week then it went bad on Sunday.  So it was a bummer because Sunday is the day that counts.  The interview went good.  I felt better after having the interview.  We had changes today but me and my comp stayed here in the area.  So it's fine.  We weren't expecting any changes here.  We heard that Pres. Call wants to start leaving missionaries in one area for at least 6 months!  That's something that Pres. Nancollas hardly ever did.  So that is going to be a big change.  That means I might be in my second to last area!  Crazy to think about that if it is true.  The only change that affected us is that we are changing districts because we have another companionship coming in so we are going to be in another district.  But that's it.  Our district leader changed and my comp isn't happy about that because he was his comp before and he says he is really prideful.  So we will see how it goes.  Yesterday, Sunday, we only had one new person in church and 2 in total.  So three of our people didn't go the second time so we are really bummed about that.  But hopefully they can keep listening to us and progressing and get baptized.  The zl that was here left and we get Elder Gray as our zl.  He is cool, he was my dl in Prados so I'm excited for that one.  Hopefully Ash can get a job here soon.  What's this I hear about him getting a sick new computer?? Must be nice.  haha  But it will be mine in a little less than a year.  So I'm excited for a new computer for me, too.  It's good to hear that he is happy as a clam right now.  Are you going to come to Mexico?  Or what do you want to do?  Here it's not pretty.  So we will have to talk about that more closer to when I am going to be home.  But I would like to go to New York and see grandma and grandpa.  That would be really cool  It's also good to hear that we have 7 missionaries out.  That's good stuff.  It's good to hear that you got a comp to help you teach that class.  Is anyone getting married yet in that class?  Besides Chase.  That's crazy that fool is already married!!  I got his announcement and by the time I got it he was already married!  haha  I'm going to send the flash drive home.  I copied all the pictures on that bad boy so it should be better like that because then I won't lose the memory card or the pictures.  Then those pictures with the worms are nice.  I ate the worm.  She didn't have the crickets.  So ya, I have never eaten those things since, so I don't think that is a really a meal here.  And yes, I have some more pictures than I send you.  A little photo album wouldn't be bad.  I would like another one. Maybe for Christmas.  That would be cool  And no word on the debit card.  I think it will get here next week about so we should be fine.  I'll call the secretary in the offices and tell him to watch for a letter for me.  No, it's hard to believe that school already starts again for you guys!  It's crazy how the time is going right now.  We are almost in September!  Crazy stuff.  But I think this year will go by fast for you again, mom.  Because everyone is going to start getting home from the missions.  The cell phone is broke?  What did I tell you about the Samsung phones??!  haha  Use my blackberry, mom.  It's a good phone.  It's a little old but it's good.  And yes a lot of people have cell phones here.  Some of them are nice and some of them are really crappy.  Nobody really has an iphone though.  They are really expensive here.  All the electronics that are new and not stolen are a bunch of money here.  Well this week we hope to have a baptism of a 14 year old girl names Suzanna.  She is cool.  She is from Hidalgo.  So we are excited for that.  We should have had a couple more this week but the 3 people didn't go to church!  So it was a bummer, but we will work with them and help them out.  This last week was good, until Sunday, then it sucked.  But I think that this week will get better.  I sent you a letter last week so we will see how long it takes to get there.haha  Right now they aren't taking too long to get here, like 2 weeks, sometimes less.  They always take forever to get there.  Oh well.  I'm feeling better and I am liking the mission.  I think it will get better because now I have a different dl and zl.  So I am excited, I like the changes sometimes.  I also bought a cool Brazil jersey.  Israel would be proud of that baby.  The next one is going to be a black Mexico one, it is sick.  Here for p-day, I don't think we will do anything.  There isn't much to do and it's changes today so all the other missionaries are doing that.  We will probably just relax and get all rested up for this week.  Thanks for the love mom and dad.  You are the best, really, always here for me.  Even though we are far away.  I hope all is going well.  I heard that there is a crisis in the US right now.  So I hope that isn't affecting much of you guys.  Ummm, what more happened this week. nothing really exciting happened.  Oh wait, I got a story for you.  So Tuesday, we were looking for a contact that we had and we couldn't find it so we started to knock doors.  Then we found a lady that had been to church in someplace, but had never gotten baptized!  So we taught her and she accepted everything and she is progressing and doing well.  We are excited for her, too.  Her name is Alicia.  She has her baptismal date for the 4th of September.  But I love you and thanks for everything, mom! 
Elder Malan
The worms we ate with the Nancollas'

No comments:

Post a Comment