Sunday, September 4, 2011

August 29, 2011


Hey mom!
How are you doing? Sounds like it is nice and hot up there in Utah, that's good to hear haha. And wow mom that is weird that you are starting to get into political stuff. I would have never imagined that. But that's cool. Ethan wrote me and told me its hard to read my letters cause I don't put spaces in them. I don't know if that's true but I'll put some spaces in this one just for him. haha and its good to hear that your class is going good too, mom. Just keep doing what you have been and you will be fine. And tell hi to your class for me.  I hope they are being good kids or when I get back I'll deal with them. haha. And yes mom you should probably get some different ones, I'll try to send you some right now if I can get them on, the comps in this internet where we are at are kinda crappy. So whatever.
But today we went to one of the churches and we had french toast, it wasn't the best french toast but its better than nothing. Then we played some basketball for a little bit. It kinda sucked because we only have 3 companionships in our district and one of the companionships is a trio of hermanas. The other two elders aren't good at basketball but whatever haha it was still fun. Then this last week was pretty crappy during the week, we couldn't find anybody that was good but then on Friday we decided to check out a less active family and we found out that one of the children hasn't been baptized! So we were excited to reactivate them and baptize their kid. Their kid is actually pretty smart. She understood a lot better than some adults haha. She and her mom went to church yesterday so it was cool. Then we had our baptism! It was crazy though. So our church starts at 8 in the morning so we got up went for our people and got to the church but when we got there I checked the font and it was all dirty with about a foot and a half of water! And a bunch of dead insects in there. But the problem was is that we couldn't drain the water because the system here in Mexico with the water is they save the water from the font and use it to water the grass. So the system was full of water and we couldn't drain it. So I decided to get in and try to clean it out a little bit. I was in there for like a half hour and I decided that I was wasting my time because it wasn't getting really cleaner. So we decided that we were going to have it in another church. So we went to the other church and filled up the font and had the baptism in the end. Satan always puts problems in our ways so that we can't do our job! haha But it went good in the end.
Now about your calling mom, I'm sure you are doing a great job and that is why they keep you there because they can't find anyone else that can do better! I don't know why you are trippin mom. Don't worry about that you are doing a good job. Keep doing it like the way you are doing. Dad is there to help you too. So you will be fine. Just keep praying and studying for your lessons. And about the peeps that are getting married, that's fine everyone has their time. My time will be in like while anyways haha. And man I want to see the best 2 years that movie is funny.
Now to answer your questions, we haven't had any problems where we live about not having power. We are fine with that. I heard that one part got struck by lightning so they don't have power in the zone of Valle Dorado. I think, not sure though. And me and my comp are doing good. We don't argue too much. Oh then before our baptism of Susana we had a miracle! So we went to the other church and some guy had shown up to that church solo. So come to find out he lives in our area and he wants to get baptized! We are excited for that. We are going to visit him tonight to get to know him a little better and to prepare for baptism. His name is Alejandro. But during the week it wasn't that good. We had a hard time finding people but in the end we have some good people that can progress and be baptized in this month of September. So we are excited for that. Then during church we showed a cool little movie that the mission gave us in priesthood meeting. My comp just talked about how the holders of the priesthood needed to do better in the ward. It was good and funny cause my comp just shredded em haha. Then as you can see in the pictures that I sent you it rained really good on Monday. It was cool, we got home and it started to downpour! So we changed and went out and took some pictures. And I had some friends in one of the pictures. We will see if you can see them haha. I think my pictures will answer your questions about the rain. Sometimes it rains hard and sometimes it doesn't really rain at all. But I don't have rain boots. I only have my shoes. And I need some new shoe polish, black and the mid tan. I left my little packet of shoe shine stuff in my last area. I'm mad about that so i was wondering if you could send me one again cause it is nice.
Then that is cool that you had stake conference, it sounds like it went good. Elder rasband is cool. I wish he could come here haha but we don't get those privileges that often. I hope that the people can really take into heart what they heard and have better relationships with their spouses because that is the person they are gunna live with forever haha. If they aren't happy or cant fix their problems here, I feel bad for them.
But that's about it for this letter. I hope you are all doing good. Here its cool and I'm liking it. Tomorrow we are having a meeting with Pres. Call. So I'm looking forward to that. But I heard that it is going to go forever. So I'm not looking forward to the time that we are going to be there in the seats. But I'm sure we will learn a lot of stuff. I love you mom and I hope you are doing well with dad and ash. Keep strong in the faith. Love you all and I hope you enjoy the pictures. Love you.
Elder Malan

Mason in the rain!
Mason and his "friends"! (they are the rats on the cover!)
Baptism of Susana!

No comments:

Post a Comment