Monday, March 12, 2012

February 20, 2012

Hey mom! good to hear from you again. And go to Philly that place is really good but really expensive. That's good to hear that Jeffy did a good job on his homecoming talk. I don't think I will do that good so don't plan on a big fantastic talk ahah.  I really like reading the scriptures and I think I will read more books when I get back because I have learned playing video games and watching TV aren't that productive ha ha. And I don't really tell stories before the mission just sometimes. But yes.  I don't know if they would laugh. I think I have told that one about Vegas a time or two, and they laughed I think. But we don't really talk about life before the mission. Who is Karson engaged to? When is that homie getting married?
The pillow case, I am going to use tonight. I got the package when we had interviews and I opened it there and the hermana Call liked the pillowcases. I was gonna give her one but she didn't accept it. I liked the pictures too. There were like 30 or something I think, I'm not really sure. And I couldn't open up the pictures of last week. So I could only see them small. But they they are cool stuff. Yes that towel is gonna be for a Mexican. And for my birthday I don't really want anything. Just reeses candy, peeps and jerky. Keep the other stuff for when I get home, then we can look for stuff. And ya I remember Bailey. That's crazy she is going a mission too. A bunch of those Bonneville girls are going a missions. Ben told me of another one that is gonna go on a mission too.  I don't know where those sweats are to tell the truth. I can't remember where anything is in the house of things like that aha ha. And the little kids in the school. That's gonna be cool to see them again. They are cool kids. But too bad I will get home in July so they wont be able to see me until like Agosto. Oh and Ashton told me that he was gonna be applying for that job. I hope it goes well for him and that he gets it! It's gonna be a lot better for him. He will enjoy it a lot more I think.
The work here is going ok. This last week we found another young couple. They are cool but they can't go to church until March but they want to learn more and they are excited for church. So we will see how it goes With them. I hope we can get them to go to church and keep them excited to do the things. I think they will be really good converts if they choose too. They are Edgar and Maria. So we will see how it goes with them. Then we are trying to get a homie named Hector to come to church. He needs the help. He came here to Queretaro to get away from the drugs. So we are working with him too. Then this week we will have a meeting with the area president. President Johnson is gonna come on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that. I like listening to the general authorities. I learn a lot ever time I listen to them. And me and my comp we aren't working out. I don't like it here. I hate doing push ups and stuff like that. I prefer free weights so I am gonna wait til I get home. then I'm gonna have to do some work. ha ha cause I got my little keg going on now ha ha. And Fransisco didn't go, he had to go to DF for something with his family. We were teaching him last week and his wife got home and she was really mad with him cause he was listening to us. So we will see what happens with him. And of course Ben can come with us to New York! That would be fine. Are we gonna fly or drive there? Me and him can stay in a room.
Now the retention is always hard. Many people don't support the new converts and they have trails and they fall away. I have seen it with some people that I have baptized. It is really sad to see that happen cause they still don't have that strong testimony of the church yet. So it's a bummer. We all need to try and help out the investigators and the new converts so that they can stay active in the church. And I don't know where Aruba is but ya that is pretty crazy ha ha. Here we are doing well we are progressing a lot as companions me and Elder Hernandez. He is a cool kid. A cool story too. We just need to keep striving to get better and find the people that are ready to receive the gospel in their lives. Oh ya on Saturday we did service with a member in our ward to move his oven that he cooks pan dulce in and man that took like 2 hours to move it cause it is huge! And we had to lift it above a 6 foot wall! It was crazy, but we did it and nobody got hurt that is the good part. But it was pretty crazy stuff. Well that's about it for this letter. I hope you enjoy the hammock because when I get back its all mine :) Take care I love you all birthday shout out to Michael, the 24th. Have a good one buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment