Hey mom!
Good to hear from you. Must be nice being in St George. Here its like 90 I think now so it's nice and hot here. At night it is starting to suck cause it's really hot. ha ha.
This last week went good for us. We brought one guy to church whose name is Victor. He is 20 years old but he is interested in the church and wants to know more about it. So we will see how it goes with him. The other lady she is good. She has a baptismal date for the 24th of this month. So we will see how it goes with her too. She is hard to visit cause she works until like 830 or 9 and her family doesn't want us in her house so we have to teach in a members house which is better but tough at those hours to do it. The family that we are teaching is at the point where they need to get baptized or we need to leave them so we will see what happens this week with them. And Ethan, man I don't know what we are going to do with that kid. I told him that he could come to new york with us. If that's fine with you. Actually it would be cool if all the friends could go. So if you don't care could you invite them? If not it's cool too. But this last week I called Juana. One of my converts in Prados. She was way happy and she said she is going to enter the temple hitting the one year mark!! So I'm way stoked for her. She is awesome. Then I also talked to Jose. He was way happy I called, too. He was like I can't believe it's you! I didn't think I would talk to you ever again. He is still active in the church. He said he has slacked a little bit but he is going to do better. Then yesterday a bunch of white members came to Queretaro to do a service project. They came to church and there were like girls that were in high school and they were talking to me and made fun of me because they said I talk like a Mexican!! I really can't tell the difference but I'm sure they can cause they only came for 3 days here. But yes, know I speak like a Mexican even in English ha ha. And later after church we took them out to visit people that we are teaching and the less active families. We took a mom and her son to a less active family. It was really cool, they shared a scripture and their testimonies. I had to translate for them so it was a cool experience. And on Friday we were walking a long at like 6:30 in the afternoon here and we saw a dude packing his stuff to move. We told him we would help him and he said no then my comp said again and convinced him that we were going to help him move.
So we then started helping him and we found out that he is a Jehovah's Witness. We helped him and then he wanted to move his shelves that he has. When we got to the other house where he was moving it was on the third floor and the shelves were too big to carry them up. So we called some members and they came and helped us. We had to tie ropes to the shelves and lift them up to the third floor! It was pretty cool cause the shelves are wood so the were pretty heavy. But we finished and he accepted a visit from us this week. So it was cool to see that cause here the Jehovah's Witnesses are pretty crazy and they never want to hear from us. They just want to contend haha. But we will see how it goes with him. And now here in my mission we don't have subways. We just have the camiones and they wouldn't let us do it.
It's good to hear that Ash is going to help with the Sons of Helaman again. That will be a good experience for him. When are they going to do that? And too bad Parker is going to the East. That mission is right in DF and he is going to get robbed quite a bit. But oh well it will be a good experience for him ha ha. It will help him a lot. And I think you told me that Kyler was going to Chile. I won't train Johnny. I think I will be here one more change, but we will see what happens. And yes there they have a marathon here like once month! They are so dumb cause they always do it on the busiest road of Queretaro. But whatev. And Jeffy. Man that homie is crazy ha ha in a good way. He is the only one doing work, is what it sounds like of the three that are home! Los gueros are the white people ha ha, that's what all the Mexicans call us here. that and gringo. then here today we played soccer again it was fun. i played a lot better today. Then I also bought my Tolex. (fake Rolex) for 150 pesos so it was good then I also bought a sweater. A cool one. But yes that is about it here. We are doing good and we are striving to find those people that are waiting for the gospel in their lives. My comp is doing well and we are also helping a guy here to go on a mission so it is cool. We are having fun and doing work so that is the most important thing. I love you all and I hope you have a good week!
Here is a pic of by where I live and the sun. It's cool I think. See you later!

No comments:
Post a Comment