Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 7, 2012



Hey mom! It's good to see your email this week ha ha. Last week was a little weird. I looked and I didn't see your email. I was like that can't be possible, mom hasn't missed a week the whole mission! So I told dad that I would write him for a change. ha ha So it was good. He needed a letter I think.
So this last week was a little adventure. On Thursday we had to go to the DF, Distrito Federal cause my comp has been a little sick so we had to go to the temple to see the doctor. He checked him out and then told him he had to go get some tests done. A member took us in his taxi. It was cool. Then on Friday he went to get the tests done and we had to email them to the doctor. The doctor told us that he has to go see a specialist now cause he doesn't know whats wrong with him. So we will have to go to DF again this week I think. So it should be another adventure. But on Saturday in the morning we had an activity with the ward. We went to a Tianguis, a market in the street, and put a little stand with a bunch of pamphlets and Book of Mormons and stuff like that and we started to contact people. We had like 12 people from the ward that came and helped us contact people it was pretty cool. In the picture I sent you I was explaining the Book of Mormon to a lady. It was cool. We got quite a few references and it was a good experience for the people that came with us. It was cool. I would have never gone to something like that before the mission haha. Some teenagers came, it was cool.
Then as for Elizabeth, she is really cool and wants to get baptized but she has to get married. So that is the part that is holding her back right now. So it sucks, but we will see what we can do for her so that if her husband wants to we can marry her. But we will see. Then we brought one new guy to church. He is gay though. So we have to help him out a lot ha ha. So we will see how it goes with him too. We didn't have much time to work with all the things that we had to do in DF. This week might be the same. and I have not gotten your letter yet mom.
And about the job, how much would I make and what are the hours? I would like to go to school full time cause I want to get done with school ha ha. But we could check it out. We can talk more about it on Sunday. I will call around 6 in the afternoon up there. It will be 7 here. So tell everybody about that time and I will call on time this time ha ha. And yes we are going to use Skype. And here Mother's Day is always on the 10th of May. So he is gonna call home on Thursday.
But here we are doing OK. We are still trying to find more people to teach, that is always the hardest part to do ha ha, find the people that are ready and that want to hear about the gospel. And ya I sleep good at night. I have gotten use to the beds. I sleep on my back now. I can't sleep any other way cause the beds suck. And ya I'm used to the food now. It's good stuff. I like almost all of it. And can I see my room on Skype? Do you have a moving camera or what??ha ha And the chicken foot it tasted OK. It wasn't soo bad. I have tasted other things a lot worse. And then last night a family gave me cake for my birthday it was cool. And a nice cold coke. Man, it was good stuff ha ha. Then today we went and bowled. It was good. I saw my hijo Elder Hernandez. He told me that the kids of Noemi are gonna get baptized, the lady in my last area. So that is cool too. And today we went to Walmart and I found some good stuff, some Fruit by the Foot, a box of 6 for 5 pesos!! It was a steal ha ha I guess nobody here likes them. And I found some Goldfish. So it's good stuff. Well that's it for this week. I hope you all are there on Sunday so we can have a good talk. Ben is excited for New York, so am I. What day are we going? Well that's it. Have a good week see you on Sunday!
Second picture is our ward mission leader acting like he is giving out pamphlets ha ha. He actually got quite a few references.

No comments:

Post a Comment