Hey mom,
Here in Mexico it's pretty dang crazy! A lot more cool than the MTC that's for sure. My comp is Elder Spitale. He is from Argentina so he doesn't speak much English. He is pretty cool. We are serving in Queretaro, our area is Cimatario. It's really cool. It's supposedly the most rich part of our mission and beautiful and it's still not beautiful at all. Our apartment is pretty small, we don't have that much room. We have a hot shower though so that is really good! The food is really good. I like it a lot. I haven't gotten sick yet so that is a good sign-haha. We eat all the Mexican stuff. I don't really know what it's called but it's good. Pres. Nancollas didn't say much about her. I can't really remember what he said. I don't think I can print my emails. No, I haven't got your letter. They go to the mission office then they give them to us about 2 weeks to a month later. They said the mail usually is around 1 to 2 weeks to get here. We don't have a church in our area which sucks really bad. We have to take the bus (camion) or a taxi to it. The camions here are dang crazy! They go as fast as they can and they pack it like a tuna can. It's really cool. The work is kinda difficult in our area. Everyone is Catholic here so it's hard to find new people. We keep trying our best. My Spanish is really hard, too. They speak so fast and I can't speak very well but, it's coming along that's for sure. Something kinda crazy, kinda cool today; we were waiting to get our camion and this truck pulls in front of this other bread truck and starts backing into it and hitting it! He did it three times then drove off. It was really weird! Ha ha But here is all good. It's really different to have someone that can't speak English. Oh ya, last Wednesday we got to go to the temple in Mexico City! It was really cool there. I couldn't understand a lot but I knew enough to get by. It was a way cool experience. Also, Elder Birtcher is in my district so that is cool I get to see him a couple times a week. He is the only other American in our district. A couple days ago I went on a split with one of the ZL's. He is Elder Fackler. He is awesome. Really big guy and a good person. So that was cool, too. I hope I answered all of your questions and what not. Keep praying and doing what you should!
Love you all,
Elder Malan

No comments:
Post a Comment