Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 13, 2010

Hey Mom! How are things going? Here, it's going well. This last Sunday was probably the best Sunday I have had here with numbers. We had 3 for the first time and 4 total. So it was good. Me and my comp are still here. But I got letters this week. It seems like they take 3 to 5 weeks to get here. So it's kinda crappy! haha. But I haven't gotten your package. Hopefully it gets here before the 16th otherwise I might not get it for awhile. We found a family because of Javier. He is taking us to people's houses that he goes to. So it is pretty cool. He is a lot better at giving references than the members! haha My day goes consists of study from 8 to 11. First hour is personal, second is comp study then the last hour I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish and Preach My Gospel. This helps with the Spanish. Then after that we go work until 2 then we have the comida, which is lunch, then we work till 9. So that's the basic schedule of the day. When I talked with Pres. Nancollas we just talked about life and how bad the mission was when he got here, so ya. He said the mission was really bad. Missionaries were bad, everything. This last week we found a family of 3, like I said. They are doing alright. We visit them almost everyday. Then today another elder from my generation is coming to the zone, Elder Hille. So that will be cool. sounds like Shadow Valley is poppin'! It's cause everyone saw me working there and wanted to follow my footsteps because they saw how much fun I had! haha jk. Sounds like Ash is doing well in swimming. I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully he can do well in region then in state. When is that? His senior year is almost half way over already! haha Crazy, and Jeff and Spencer have almost been out a year too! So time is going fast. We has a stake choir thing last night, all the Mexicans sang in a choir and had a little Navidad thing with it. It was cool. then Saturday we are having a ward activity, I think. We will see how that goes. I haven't had to speak yet, but I did bear my testimony in November. The members here are ok. They don't give references ever though, so that sucks. The ward is about like 80 people, I think about that number. Then I see Elder Birtcher like 3 to 4 times a week. It's cool he is in my district. I heard Elder Nowack is here but I don't know where in the mission. We have a mission Christmas thing on the 16th so I will find out then. I got your letters. Like I said it takes a little bit to get here though and it takes longer for them to get delivered to me because we only eget them when we have zone conference interviews or a capacitation or when someone goes to the offices. So about once a month we get letters. But ya here everything is starting to get better with the investigators so hopefully it will just keep rolling and we can keep having success. It's crazy I have 5 months already and I still don't know much at all. haha But it'll come. We had a capacitation last week and it was really good. We needed to hear all what was said. Pres. Nancollas is way cool. For the capacitationes we just take notes on what we can do better. Then we do practices of teaching. So it went foo. All the letters were cool. I didn't know dad went on a huge motorcycle ride! When I get back we are doing it again! haha I have a telephone number I'm going to call from and it's free cause the member has an American line some how. I will be calling on Christmas day around 4:00 your time, 5:00 here in Mexico. I think I can just call the house or whatever and it should be good. In about 2 weeks we will be talking again! Here it's getting colder, so nights are pretty chilly. But it's good. I sent a letter off like a week or 2 ago so hopefully you get them before Christmas! That's about it from here. Thanks for all the love and support you give me, and the letters. Everyone is jealous because I got a lot of letters! So thanks for the letters and the most important part, the love you have for me and the love I have for each one of you! Well, if you want to call the number or I can call you. I think it's the same but let me know what you want to do then we will do it.
Love you all and thanks for everything!
Elder Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment