Hey Mom!
I'm doing really good here in Mexico. It's good to hear that Ashton went on the Trek, he will enjoy it I think. As for me, I'm doing good here. Our week wasn't the greatest but we had a couple of little miracles during the week. So we have been teaching some grand kids of a member that we reactivated and her husband didn't really want to listen to us the first couple of times. Then one day we went and he started asking us some questions and stuff like that and he asked if he could read the folletos that we give. So we said of course and he started reading the folletos and the Book of Mormon. Then this last week he told us he wanted to go to church! So we were like, "Ok", we will see if he comes, then he came! And he said that he had dreamed of being outside the church and us waiting for him there a couple months ago! Then we took him out of one of the classes and he stared to talk to us and told us he felt really good in the church and we told him that all these things that are happening are answers from God! He was like, "Ya, I think you guys are right." He called us the Police of God. haha and we are. We call all the sinners to repentance. But they can choose if they want to or not. We have a baptismal date with him this 26 of June. We are looking forward to that, too. Then our other investigators that we have taken, one is a mom that is 20 years old and the other is a 16 year old that is her sister-in-law. They came to church and then the mom of the 16 year old came, too. But she wasn't dressed that modestly, so we were like, "Oh crap, what are the members going to think". haha But the members did it well this time and didn't judge her haha. So ya. It went ok for us in the church this last week. This week we hope to improve it though. That's good you helped out Makelle. That's good that you can start planting the flowers and the garden. I'm glad I don't have to work in that thing for another year. haha As for the rain, I don't think he will really need a jacket. The 8 months I have been here it has rained hard like twice. And I don't think he will be here for the rainy season this year. So I wouldn't worry about it if I was him. As for things that I wish I would have had...a better ihome. haha That's about it really. Maybe a little fan, too. It gets hot in the home sometimes at night. But that's all I can think of. I can buy that stuff here so it's not a big deal. As for the packages, you do it how you want to, mom. I think it's all the same for me. And yes, we have one greenie in the district. He is from Peru. But that's it. Maybe I'll be Elder Hurst's dad. That would be cool, we would probably baptize 10 each month. As for Book of Mormon stories, I like Alma and Amulek. I like how they punk Zeezrom. I am reading that right now in Spanish and it's really cool. As for dad's present, thanks for helping me out on that one. I think he will like what we got him. And yes, mom, I don't want to come home and see you like a tub of lard, please. I probably wouldn't recognize you in the airport. haha You would run up and hug me and I would be like, "Who is this tub of lard lady??" haha Just kidding. As for the baptism suit, I have worn that these last two times because we weren't sure if they were going to get baptized so I just used the jumpsuit. haha Nothing happened to my pants, they are good. Then as for the nail biting...I still bite them. haha It's a hard habit to break even in Mexico. But yes, that is all the time that I have for today so I hope you enjoy the letter. Dad, Happy Father's Day. I hope you like the present. I hope Ash does well on the Trek, and Makelle, I hope you can find a house. That one isn't the one that Heavenly Father wanted you in. Just so you know. I love you all. I hope you enjoy the pictures. They are of ice skating today. I'm not good at ice skating. haha Love you, take care.
Elder Malan

No comments:
Post a Comment