Hey Mom!
It sounds like Father's Day went good. I am glad that it went well for you guys. And I am glad dad is enjoying the phone case. It sounds like you did a good job on picking it out. I hope he had a good, special day, yesterday. Then as for Chloe getting married, that is pretty crazy she is already married. But I'm happy for them. And you can tell them, "Hi" for me later date, to Chase, Chloe and Tom, por favor. I did hear about the nest in the nook. Man mom, you are funny. haha Talking about the little birdies. That's good though, at least you have some good hobbies to do. Paint and watch the birds. As for this last week of work, it went pretty well. We could have 3 baptisms this week. It just depends on if Victor, the grandpa, is able to stop smoking. He is down to two a day, but he smoked 20 a day, so we are doing good. We are going to make him the shake this week to finish it off, I think, so he doesn't smoke. The two grand kids are excited to get baptized. So we hope they 3 can do it together. Ummm..weird, we bought some sunglasses this last week in the tianguis. I bought some fake Oakley's. They are pretty sweet though. Then back to the work, we found one more family of 3 through a reference. They are good. They went to church, too. We hope they can progress. They have said since we have been visiting them they have felt more peace. So we just need them to pray and ask if it is true or not and they will be good. haha They liked church yesterday, too. Then we reactivated a guy this last week and he brought his kid that is 10 years old that isn't baptized either. It's funny because Jesus, the guy that reactivated, always speaks to me in English. He isn't very good but he knows a lotta words. Then he talks to my comp in English, too. So this last week went really good on getting people to church and now it's just about teaching them and getting them ready for baptism. The 16 year old and the 20 didn't come to church. One knows that the church is true, she just has a hard time getting married cause her husband (boyfriend) doesn't want to get married. So it's just a crappy situation there. But as for the finding part, we find people by doing a bunch of different things. The first one is that we talk to people in the street. We ask references and we look for families that aren't all members in the family. These three ways are really good to find people. I don't like knocking doors, but sometimes it works decently, too. Then it costs like 650 pesos to get married there, but that is with our missionary discount that we get. We have someone that works in the offices of marriage and they help us out with that, so she hooks us up with a discount. But pretty much everyone we teach has a problem with the word of wisdom or chastity. So it is kinda rough, but we are able to do it with their efforts and the help of the Lord, most importantly. I am sad that they (Pres. and Sis. Nancollas) are leaving. They are way cool people. You will see how they are when you go to their homecoming. We had our farewell with him this last Friday and it was sad. But I know I can see him in a year. He called me out in front of everybody and told me that I have to talk to him. haha It was kinda scary, but it's cool. So I hope you like that mom, you can go if you aren't in the DR. As for Spencer, I haven't heard from him in a little bit. But I write him, yes. Pres. Nancollas leaves this next Monday! So it's crazy. Well I know the church is true and I hope you enjoy this letter. Time is going by quick.
Love you all and I hope you have a good week!

No comments:
Post a Comment