Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 16, 2011

Baptism of Siddhi

Danger! Men Working!


Hello Mother!

Here we are still in the hot weather. Yesterday it rained pretty good for like 1 hour then it went away and I swear I almost got struck by lightning because we heard it and saw it at the same time! haha It was crazy. I think the rainy season is going to start up here in June so it rains a little bit everyday. Things here in Mexico are doing good. We had the baptism of Siddhi (is how you spell it, I finally found that one out). haha It went good. Then this next week we are hoping to have another baptism of a lady named Gabriella. She is cool. She showed up to church last week alone! It was a miracle. haha She is willing to get baptized this next Sunday. When we put the fecha she was like that's a little soon no? And I just said nope. Then she said, "Oh, ok you guys are the people who know so that's fine with me!" haha It was really cool and then we had a couple people in church yesterday so it was good. The week went ok. I'm more excited for this week because Quentin L. Cook is coming to speak to us this Miercoles. So we are all excited. Then on Thursday, we have my first zone conference of the mish! haha I've been here almost 8 months and this is my first zone conference. So I'm excited for those two things this week. Then what else. Israel told me that Ian Estes is going on a mission! He said Arizona, I think that's sweet. I'm excited for that kid, too. Then I had a member in our ward here make me a sweet journal. He makes books and I told him to make me a diario and it's pretty sweet looking. You guys will have to wait until I get back to see it though. Me and my comp bought some jerseys. I bought a cool Chivas jersey. It's white and orange then he bought the black Mexico one. The are both cool. We got them for cheap and they are real so we were pretty stoked about that. Then yesterday we went to a members house to eat dinner. We went and this couple has like 9 months of marriage. So we went and ate some tacos and talked with them and then I asked if we could share a couple of scriptures with them. The we shared some scriptures and I asked them if they were doing their prayers as esposos. They said, "No". They have been having troubles as esposos and then I told them they have to pray together. It was really cool because the hermano cried and said thanks, then we gave them blessings. It was a cool experience to have when the Holy Ghost was telling me what I needed to do to help out some of our Heavenly Father's children. I felt the spirit really strong and I was happy for them cause they are really cool. Then mom, one more week for your birthday!! Pretty sweet stuff, too. Sorry I couldn't get you really anything, but I hope you have a good one and my hermanos give you something for me. What else? Today we are going to play some soccer in a second so I'm happy for that. I like playing sports. It's one of the things I miss so I think I'm gunna start up an indoor team with the boys and then if Michael wants to join, we will take him into consideration. Cambios are here in two weeks. So we will have to see what happens there. I should be leaving but who knows what is going to happen. As for passing the sacrament, I don't have to do that or bless it. We have like 100 people that go to church every week so I don't have to do really anything. I'm glad for that, too. haha We go to the same ward every week. Our area is what our ward area is. So we just work for this ward only. And yes, there are a ton of people here. It's crazy. It's nothing like the states at all. It's cause all the houses are small and stuck together. Usually 6 people like in a house. They have apartments so it's pretty populated here. I don't really see missionaries from other missions. We can't leave the mission unless we have permission from Pres. And we do have police with big guns, but a lot of them don't carry bullets. But some of them do. But it's not scary. It's just how it is here. Yes, we only have Mexico City Temple. It's out of the mission and it's the closest here. I'm not sure what the next closest temple is. But no, we don't have donkeys, they only pull the garbage dudes that come and collect the garbage. Here there aren't really dirt floors. In Hidalgo, yes there are but I don't want to go there. haha I like the estado de Mexico. But that's all I got for today. I hope you enjoy this week and keep doing all the good fun stuff. Take care, love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment