Hey Momma!
Here is going pretty well. We just had changes today and I got moved up to mayor or senior comp. So I have to lead the work here in my area. I'm pretty nervous, to be honest. But I know the Lord will help me if he called me to be mayor. I got another comp. His name is Elder Baez. He is from Vera Cruz, Mexico. It's a little weird because I think I'm darker than him, to be honest. I get the white Mexicans. haha But he seems to be cool so we will see how it goes. That's crazy school is already over !! I can't believe that one. Now you can relax for a little bit until the next year. haha I didn't know that Martha is retiring. That will be weird for you, too! I hope you can make friends with some other teacher. I remember those little kids, too. That's weird how they are already in your class! Time goes by really quickly. As for this last week, it went good. We had a baptism of Gabriella. So that was really cool. But the story on what happened before the baptism. So we had to go and start filling up the font for the baptism and we went in the morning to start it and then we left after. The the baptism was at 7 so we got there at like 6:30 to get everything ready and do all that stuff. But we got there and it had like 3 inches in the font of water! So we were like oh crap. So we had to go outside and get buckets, tie a hose to the bucket and drop it down to get the water. It was really tiring and stressful. I'll send you some pictures of it so you can see what I'm talking about a little bit better. But we got it filled up and we baptized her a little later than 7. So it was good. The devil is always trying to make it so our hermanos don't get baptized and I hate it! But it's a good story when we beat em. The coolest thing that happened this week, I think it was the baptism. Then one of the classes in church was really good, too. It was cool. It sounds like the graduation went good for you guys, too. But some people just like to be piasos sometimes. I understand that one. haha The graduation party sounds like it went well. I remember you guys were there for mine like all night, I think, if I remember right. As Makelle would say, it's because I'm the golden child. haha How did the band gig go for Ash? Still playing the hard core stuff or what? It sounds like St. George is going good, too. Except for the raining part. haha I want it to rain here. It's always a nice hot day here. Did dad go hit a couple of holes with Brent or what? I miss playing the sports. They are fun. Then as for writing Israel, some weeks I do. It just depends on the time I have cause I try to write you a good letter. Then I'm glad you got the package! Sounds like it got there with everything in it. Good, but I just sent like hammock, some of the backpacks, trompos, the wallet, that Libro de Mormon, and that's like it. I can't remember if it got there in that yellow paper. That I don't think anyone opened it. I hope you liked all the things that you got. It's hard to find cool things here sometimes. But sometimes I get lucky and find something. As for being different in the wards, that's so true. Here they consecrate oil on the first Sunday of every month in the sacrament meeting. So it's weird how they do some things. Then if the bishop didn't show up one day, I think we wouldn't be able to have church that day. haha He has to run the show and everyone only wants to talk to him on Sunday. It's different. The we also have sacrament meeting first here. Brent and Vicki sent me a letter that said that they were going to have another kid! That's crazy. Congrats if you see them for me. As for your birthday, I hope it was really good and you had the best one ever. As for church, I just remembered we got 3 new people to church. It was a dad and his two kids. His wife couldn't go because she had to work, but we think she will go this next week. They look pretty good. I think the dad felt the spirit really strong in the sacerdocio class. So I'm excited to see how they do. We are doing ok, but we can do a lot better. I think my comp and I will get along good. I hope so. I hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope that you keep having fun with Ashton and when are you leaving for the Dominican? In these next couple of weeks, no? You gotta get me something cool. haha
Well I love you.
Elder Malan

No comments:
Post a Comment