Hey Mom! Good to hear from you! I am doing pretty well here. And Clark man I love that kid. I will try to tell more stories for you mom ha ha don't worry about that one. No I don't know them, the people that you are saying in his story. The area where he climbed a mountain isn't in our mission anymore. I'm not going to bear my testimony in Spanish just so you know mom. I have already decided that cause everyone does it. I want to be different. And they don't say that line that much or I don't hear it that much. They do take the Lord's name in vain quite a bit. My comp even did it but I had to correct him and now he is a lot better ha ha. and my comp is doing well. He is doing better. He still has a long way to go but he is a lot better than before so that's the good part. He is getting less shy so that's a good thing too. Now as for Hugo, we went to his house on Saturday night to check to see if all was good for church and his baptism and he went off on us. How he was saying that he only wanted to go to church when he felt like it and that he doesn't want to get baptized. So it was a bummer, I was a little frustrated cause he was doing good, but then he fell. So it was sad. We are going to have to let him go.
Now to tell that one homie that feels like the church obligates people to do stuff. It's not true. The church, like the missionary purpose says invite others to come unto Christ. The church only invites others to have the blessings that God wants to give us. It's our decision if we want to participate or no. We have the agency to choose what we want to do. The church tries to help us the best they can but in the end it is our agency that will win. So that homie just needs to understand that concept. That we have the agency but we will pay for the consequences, the good ones or the bad ones, cause here in the world it's for our progress not for God's progress- He is perfect. He wants us to have His blessings. He knows what we are going to do cause He is our Father. So He just wants to help us but we are rebels sometimes and don't do His will.
Now this last week went ok for us. We had a baptism on a teenager. We have been struggling with him and his mom for awhile but this last week they both agreed that it was the best decision for them and we baptized him on Saturday. Now the interesting part, as you can see in the picture my comp isn't with me. We did divisions on Friday and the DL came with me and my comp with his comp. We told them to be in the church at 10, but they never got there! So come to find out when they got the as the baptismal service was finishing that they had taken the wrong camion and went on the other side of Queretaro! So it's a bummer my comp wasn't there. I was bummed, but we couldn't really do anything. But the important thing is that he got baptized. His name is Omar. But now we don't really have anything. We have a couple people in teaching but they haven't came to church. So that is the sucky part. They need to have 3 times in church to be baptized. So we have to work hard this week to get going again.
Now today was pretty cool, we went to the Peña De Bernal. It's a huge rock basically. It's the third biggest in the world. So it was cool. We could go all the way up to the top cause you need ropes and all that good stuff. But it was still cool. We could see everything. The picture I sent you is the rock. It's cool stuff. We went with 3 other companionship's. So it was a good time. And no mom you didn't tell me Misti is falling off the couch ha ha. She needs to find a different spot to sleep it sounds like. And why did you buy half a cow from Jeff's dad? Why did he have half a cow is a better question ha ha.
Well here we are doing well. We are progressing and trying to be better everyday. We just need to keep striving to do the best we can so we can qualify for the blessings of the Lord in our lives and help those who don't have the gospel in there lives. Here are some pictures of the baptisms and of the peña. I sent a package with a dude that was going to Utah so he should call you soon. Not sure when. Just don't be surprised when he calls ok? ha ha Well gotta go, I hope you are all well and echandole ganas. Te amo tambien mama. Cuidate mucho. Hablamos en una semana. Hasta luego.

No comments:
Post a Comment