Hey Mom! How are you doing? I'm doing good here in Mexico. And yes, I did burn the pants and it was cool ha ha. I didn't burn my pants. They were some that some other elders had left in the house. So don't worry bout that mom. I took a video, so you will have to wait to see it. It went well though. Now this last week was ok for us, except Sunday. We had a good week and found some people but they didn't come to church on Sunday. That is the most frustrating thing, when they say they are gonna go then Sunday comes and they don't show up. But we just have to keep working with those people a little bit longer and if they don't come again then we have to let em go and find other people that do want to go to church. My comp is progressing a lot. He is talking to a lot more people in the street and in the lessons. I still gotta work with him on how to teach a little bit more but the good thing is that he is coming out of his shell and talking. And for the BOM, not gonna lie I haven't given it to anybody yet, but I will give it to someone this week.
I'm sad to hear about the 9ers. But the good thing is they didn't get there cause if they would have I would be dying to watch the game ha ha So next year they will make it and we will be fine and I will be able to watch it and enjoy it. And I don't think they went into overtime if they beat them 20-7 mom, ha ha but that's fine you are still learning.
And I heard the jazz are doing well too. That's good to hear. I did hear that they got rid of Memo. That's a good start ha ha, and they need to get rid of Andre, too. He sucks and they pay him a ton. And people have only thrown at me a plastic bottle. Nothing really bad has happened to me here. It must be because they see my big muscles and don't want to mess with me ha ha. jk. But no nobody has really done anything to me. And my favorite scripture is the same that I put on my plaque. 2 Nefi 32 8-9. That tells it all right there. I really like that one. And dad tells me he has first dibs on me every third Sunday to talk. I'm gonna be speaking more when I get home than here in the mission! ha ha. But that's fine I don't get too nervous when I talk to in front of a crowd now.
Now for the ideas that you guys have in ward council are good. The only thing that is always the problem is put it in practice in our lives. I see that here in the mission a lot. Here they tell us to do things over and over again and we don't do them or we do them only for a little bit then we stop. It's the same in the church. We always hear the same thing over and over again but we don't keep doing it ha ha. I think that's why we don't progress as much as we can cause we don't keep doing what our leaders tell us to do. Like yesterday we did the class in the priesthood and we talked to the hermanos about fulfilling their priesthood duties. We showed a little talk from Pres. Eyring and talked about it. It went well but we will see if they do it. We talked to them about doing their home teaching visits and about sharing the gospel with their families and friends. We will see if we can get some more support from the hermanos cause here its a little harder to work cause the church is far away and the people are a little bit more closed in their beliefs or they will listen but won't do anything what we ask them to do. So we hope that our little class helped them out and that they can share the gospel with others. Really the priesthood is so powerful. I have seen it work many times here on the mission. To bless people that have addictions, to heal people, it really is the power of God given to man on earth.
Today we went and got our haircuts and I look good. I like my hair really short. I don't have to worry about it at all. And we played some board games with some comps. My district, I don't have really any friends, I'm the only American in my district ha ha. So it's a little different. but in our ward there are 4 missionaries and we usually go with the other two missionaries that are in our ward. Elder Salamanca and Elder Irigoyen. Salamanca is from Chihuahua and Irigoyen is from Uruguay. So I'm still the only white kid ha ha. But it's cool, I like it. We played Risk Revolution. It's a cool version of Risk. It's pretty fun. And now we are going to eat chicken. So we are excited for that. And the last time I saw Elder Baez was when he came to sing here in Queretaro for the missionaries in the activity Navideña. If a missionary isn't in my zone I don't really see them. So that's how it is with that. And nope I still haven't received my Valentines package. But that's fine. I want one in Febrero. Well that's about it for this letter. I owe Ethan some tacos from Mexico. So that's a bummer but he has to eat a jabenero. We will see how he does with that bad boy. ha ha I'm gonna bring back some salsa and see if you guys can handle it. I like eating salsa here. But ya well that's it. I hope you are all doing well. Take care and have a good day and a good week! Tell grandma and grandpa thanks for the Christmas present. Talk to you later!
first at the peña
second last holidays.

No comments:
Post a Comment