Monday, January 16, 2012

January 9, 2012

Hey Mom!
Good to hear from you again. And yes we did have our baptism last week. We had it on the Dia de Los Reyes so it was pretty cool. Her name is Isela. We have been working for her for a while and she finally got baptized. Her mom was the reason why she hadn't gotten baptized before cause she is really catholic I guess, but now she got baptized so it was good stuff. And Hugo we hadn't visited him for a while and yesterday he came to church by himself! So we had a class and then we took him and showed him the baptismal font and we put a baptismal date with him for the 21st of Jan. so we will see how it goes. We hope he can do it. This time he accepted the date a lot better so I think we have a good shot with him. Then this last week we did ok. We found a couple of people. We brought one family of 3 to church but they don't really want to change their way of life. I tried to make an appointment for this week and they said call us this week and we will see. So I don't think they will progress much, but I think this week will go a little bit better. We are starting to lift the area. So that is the good thing. My comp is getting a little more comfortable with talking to people. He still has a way to go but he has learned a lot. When we were teaching the family of 3 I let him teach the restoration. He told the first vision and jumped straight to the Book of Mormon! We are suppose to say how Joseph Smith got the priesthood but he jumped all of that cause he was nervous. It was a little funny but I took control of the lesson and it went well. He was a little embarrassed after, but I just told him not to worry and not to be so nervous ha ha.
Now that's pretty crazy what has been happening in Ogden lately. I'm sorry to hear about the police officer. Did they kill the homie that shot them or what? And that's crazy about the fire alarm and the expensive seats that you bought! ha ha But at least you got your money back. And the BOM is sweet stuff. I love reading it. It's so cool. One hermana here showed me something about the judges that they have in the Book of Mormon and related it to here in Mexico and man its really close to how it is with the government here and the secret bands. She told me that the swine flu was just a distraction so they could pass more drugs to the US and to pass laws here. So its crazy how the world is right now. And we even have a cat killer huh, that's funny. He would love being here then cause there are so many stray cats and dogs here in Mexico. It's a joke. There aren't so many here in Queretaro but in the Estado de Mexico and I heard in Hildalgo there are a ton ha ha. Tell Makelle just to punch him. that will do the trick I think.
Now if the Bishop wants you to talk you can just say to the young men and young women to prepare themselves reading the scriptures being worthy and have a desire to share the gospel. The Lord needs more missionaries that are ready to go from the first day and if they young ones aren't ready then who is going to be the one sharing the gospel? It changes lives, I've seen it here. I've seen it in my own life. It's cool how it works. We just all need to realize that when we fulfill with God he will bless us. So we are basically just being benefited even more from living the commandments. (Mosiah 2) I like that chapter you can read it if you want. It's cool. the church is true. Tell them that too ha ha.
for Mitt Romney, I heard he is running again.  I will get to vote so I'm excited for that one too. But yes, we will see how it goes. I'm trying to get the picture of the baptism loaded up on here but it doesn't want to ready it. So we will see how it goes. But it isn't working so you will have to get it next week ha ha. But that's about it for this letter. I hope you are all doing well. I'm doing fine here in queretaro, I like it a lot here. Especially cause the work is going a little bit better here. Now we just need to keep doing work. Oh and today for p day two elders came over and helped us clean our house. It was really bad. So we mopped swept and did all that good stuff and now it looks and smells so much better! So I think we will be feeling a lot better in the house too. ha ha. And we ate queso carnes. They are good. Well gotta go. Take care- love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment